Penang Free School is the oldest English School in Malaysia and the South East Asia region. Its first headmaster was Mr. James Cox 1816-1821. In 1928, the school moved to its current location on Jalan Masjid Negeri (better known as (Green Lane). The School had received the cluster school status by the Education Ministry of Malaysia in 2007.
In 1966, the 20 sen and 50 sen stamps and first-day covers featuring the school were issued to commemorate the school’s 150th anniversary
Date of issue: 21.10.1966